St. George School
65 Main Street
PO Box 153
Tenants Harbor, ME 04860
Mary Alice McLean, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Letourneau, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Please email Jan if you would like to receive the weekly school newsletter via email.
Welcome to the St. George School Website!
We are a K- 7 school on the St. George peninsula, serving approximately 190 students from Port Clyde, Tenants Harbor, Spruce Head, Thomaston, Cushing, Owls Head, So. Thomaston and Rockland. This is our fifth year as an Expeditionary Learning School. We welcome you to join us in any of our many school events that are open to the public, or to share your expertise; we are always on the look out for experts to assist in our expeditions. Our school symbol is the St. George Dragon, who, with its fiery dragon breath, is truly emblematic of the fervor of this school and its community.
- Mary Alice McLean, Principal
- The first day of school for students is September 2nd.
- School will begin at 8:30AM, and students will be dismissed at 3:00PM.
- Open the link below to view the full RSU 13 calendar.
- School Meal Prices: Breakfast - $1.25 (reduced status cost is free), Lunch- $2.75 (reduced status cost is .40).
- School menu is posted below.
- Bus schedules will be posted on the RSU 13 website.
- The St. George School Student Hanbook will be updated for the 2014-2015 school year, and a link to it will be posted below.
Apple ID’s for Under 13 Students
New Program Information for the 2014-2015 School Year
Creating an Apple ID for your student is an essential part of the MLTI (Maine Learning Technology Initiative) program. RSU 13 participates in the MLTI program from grades 5-12. For our student population that is under age 13, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Apple will be contacting parents/guardians directly through email with in depth information regarding these accounts. Apple will additionally send information on how to set up your student’s account at home. Please supply your school office with your email address and watch for email from Apple.
If your student already set up an Apple ID last year this will not affect your student, there is no need to go through the process again. If your student is entering 5th grade or new to our district, please watch for this email communication from Apple.
Apple IDs for students under 13 include the following features:
- Account settings, such as email address and date of birth, cannot be changed.
- No credit card is attached to the account at setup.
- Limit Ad Tracking is turned on for the account to ensure the student does not receive targeted advertising from Apple.
- Students can’t opt-in to receive marketing materials.
- A parent or guardian can be notified of any significant changes to the terms of the account.
Have a great school year!
|RSU 13 Calendar 2014-2015 FINAL-Amended.pdf||150.6 KB|
|SEPTEMBER 2014 MENU||217.34 KB|